International Coach Federation - St. Louis Chapter
As coaches, we believe that all great discoveries and breakthroughs are preceded by curiosity, and we are delighted that your curiosity has led you to us.
Our mission: To advance the art, science, practice, and success of professional coaching in the St. Louis Metropolitan area and surrounding regions of eastern Missouri, southern Illinois, eastern Iowa and northern Arkansas.
Please accept our invitation to come, explore, discover, learn, and grow.
Join us on Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Dreamwork for Coaches Teleclass
The Dreamwork teleclass is designed to provide coaches with the confidence to explore a new aspect of the coach/client relationship utilizing core competencies that they already possess.
Participants will get an overview of:
- How to use the basic coaching tools of active listening and asking powerful questions to help the client access the message of their dream through the co-creative process.
- How to help their clients remember and document their dreams.
- The context of understanding how dreams communicate with the rational mind.
- The roles of the Dreamer (the client) and the Listener (the coach) in working with dreams
- How to demystify the process of working with dreams through the use of imagination. Active Imagination allows the coach and client to re-enter a dream and further explore the animals and characters that may appear.
- How to understand the emotional arc of a dream, identify where the greatest energy is and work with the client to explore how that informs their waking life.
- Understand that some dreams are diagnostic in that they demonstrate a limiting belief or behavior (sometimes these appear as repetitive dreams and sometimes as nightmares) and some dreams are prescriptive, suggesting that we pay attention to an experience or intuitions.
Approximately half the class will be a discussion of using dreams in the context of the coaching paradigm and the second half will be a coaching demonstration so you can witness the power of working with dreams in your own coaching practice.
We will be doing 1-2 demonstrations, so bring your dreams to the class if you want to experience this first hand!
Meet Will Sharon
Will has 15 years of clinical and coaching experience during which time he has worked extensively with dreams. He also has a 30-year corporate career where he held “C” level position in Technology, Real Estate and Risk Management in Financial Services and Advertising.
Will has teaching and training experience that spans 40 years. As a social worker, he taught adjunct courses in undergraduate and graduate programs in everything from group dynamics to medical sociology. He has taught Risk Management at Strathmore University in Kenya as well as for Watson Wyatt in Thailand. He now teachers the ICF certified virtual course Dreamwork for Coaches (11.5 CCE’s) and also works with coaches individually using a practicum approach to understand the basics of using dreams in coaching.
Join us on Tuesday, February 26, 2019
LinkedIn for Marketing Success
Maximizing LinkedIn for business is essential, not only because it’s the world’s largest business network with 575 million members, but also because (according to Oktopost), 80% of social media business-to-business leads come through LinkedIn. To reach your prospects, you must learn to use LinkedIn to find and reach your prospects and to create a LinkedIn presence that draws them to you.
Upon successful completion of this session, you will:
- Understand the power of LinkedIn's search algorithm and how prospects find you
- Learn how to develop a strong LinkedIn profile to show up higher in search results
- Understand how and why to build a powerful network and presence on LinkedIn to drive sales
- Become aware of how to use LinkedIn’s many free, paid tools to reach prospects and generate leads
- Learn how to customize your invitations and acceptance messages to strengthen sales
- Understand why joining and posting free and paid content is so important
- Gain cutting edge best practices for leveraging company pages
- Discover how to reach Open Profilers and Open Networkers for free to build your sales reach
- Recognize the perks of posting articles on the LinkedIn Pulse blog
CEU's for this program are 1 Core Competency and .5 Resource Development
Meet Kathy Bernard
You’ve likely heard the buzz about LinkedIn. LinkedIn IS powerful for business … but only if you know how to use it. That’s why I’m excited to introduce today’s speaker. She’s a well-known LinkedIn expert, trainer, and author who will teach us exactly what to do to find and reach our target customers and to turbo charge our sales on the world’s largest business network – LinkedIn.
Before becoming a LinkedIn expert, our speaker led communications and advertising at some of St. Louis’ finest companies including Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Enterprise Holdings), Brown Shoe (now Caleres) and CBS Radio where she and her teams racked up 27 awards for communications excellence.
It was her love of communicating that led her to start her popular blog to help the unemployed and miserably employed land a great career. And it was during her occasional stints at being unemployed and miserably employed herself that she discovered the wonders of LinkedIn. She used the site to land two jobs and went on to use LinkedIn to promote her own successful company.
She trains individuals, companies and nonprofits to make the most of LinkedIn to reach their target prospects -- whether those prospects are employers, customers, job candidates or donors.
She’s all about furthering your goals for business or career … so let’s welcome the LinkedIn Whisperer … Kathy Bernard!